As someone who has spent most of their life in Havering and Redbridge, I have had the honour of representing constituents across both areas and working with our local communities and other organisations over the past 30 years.
Being A Councillor in Both Havering and Redbridge
I was a councillor in Havering for many years but moved to Redbridge when I started a family. All three of my children were raised and educated in Redbridge, and I served as a councillor in Redbridge for 15 years until I stood down in advance of the 2018 local elections. In 2022 I re-entered life as a local Councillor after being elected to serve the residents of Squirrels Heath ward in Havering. My time living, and helping constituents, across both boroughs, has allowed me to understand, and work to deal with, the issues we all have.
My Time on The London Assembly
My work in City Hall itself, involves holding the Mayor of London to account, and serving on committees such as the Policing & Crime, and Transport Committees. The most rewarding parts of my role on the London Assembly have included:
- Working with local and London-wide youth groups, charities, sporting and other organisations, to tackle antisocial behaviour and knife crime.
- Working with local and London-wide homelessness charities, to find practical solutions for homelessness across our area and London.
- Working with local and regional employers, to provide job and training opportunities for residents and especially our young people.
I use my position by giving my time, publicity, making connections, securing assets and funding. If you are involved with or know a group that may benefit from our work, please do contact me and I’m always happy to see what can be done.
Let’s Make Further Progress, Together
It has been a real privilege for me to be in a position where I can make a difference to my local community and the City I love, but I have only been able to make that difference because of your support.
Havering and Redbridge Constituency Responsibilities:
- Represent residents and Londoners views at City Hall
- Hold the Mayor to Account
- Ensure the Mayor puts Havering and Redbridge residents FIRST.
- Work with local Councils, Local MP's and Councillors to improve services
London Assembly Responsibilities:
- Member of the Transport Committee.
- Member of the Police and Crime Committee.
- Member of the GLA Oversight Committee.